Our goal is to support young families to grow together spiritually and relationally. The physical family is the most important building block to human society, and as such, it should be nurtured and protected. But more important than that is the new creation that God is making in Christ, which is comprised of a spiritual family, the Church, made up of all people who call upon the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior.
In particular, we are convinced of these biblical truths.
- Parents are the primary spiritual trainers of their kids and, in the end, are the greatest factor that contributes to a child’s success is his personal faith. (Deuteronomy 6:6-9, Ephesians 6:4).
- Children and youth are a gift from the Lord and can serve, grow, and be Christians now, not just when they get older. (Psalm 127:3)
- The church is designed to be the family of God and therefore must look for ways to be a family for all who enter its doors. (Galatians 6:10).
- The church has a discipleship mandate that means discipling all ages and more than just as individuals, but also in their family relationships. We believe it’s important to disciple families, not just individuals. (Matthew 28:19-20)
Awana is a personal approach to helping your children build their faith. A typical Awana Club night revolves around games, worship, scripture memorization and Bible knowledge. Our Awana Clubs meet during the school year on Sunday Evenings from 5:45 pm - 7:15 pm. For more information, contact Sharmon Steil, Children’s Ministry Director at 480 839-0926.
First Baptist Church of Tempe Welcome Lunch
Leader: Jeff Savage
Sunday, April 5 at 12:15 in Room 107. Great way for Young Families to meet our Pastors & Ministry Leaders in a casual setting. RSVP to Jeff Savage at 201-519-2856.
Sunday Worship Programming for Kid City For more information, contact Sharmon Steil, Children’s Ministry Director at 480 839-0926.
9:30 AM - Birth - 4th Grade, 5th and 6th Grade, Special Needs Class
11:00 AM - Birth - 4th Grade, 5th and 6th Grade, Special Needs Class
5:45 PM - AWANA (4yrs - 6th grade).
- For more information, contact Sharmon Steil, Children’s Ministry Director at 480 839-0926.
- Build your friendships each Sunday at for a free lunch in the Gym at noon.
- Meet new people each Sunday night at 5:45 PM for dinners before Awana in the Quad.
Student Choir (7th thru 12th graders) meets in the Worship Center Choir Assembly Room, Sunday's at 4 p.m. and is directed by Julie Huver, phone # 602-206-2170.
Wednesday Night Basketball
Basketball on Wednesday night, Call Pastor Jeff Savage at 201-519-2856 to reserve a spot for the evening.
Compassion Outreach Day
Saturday, May 9. 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Many great projects for Young Families to serve in. Feed My Starving Children, Operation Christmas Child, Shoebox Ministry, Project Cure, Outreach to the Homeless, McClintock Street Clean Up, Friendship Village, Free Car Wash.
Free BBQ Lunch in our gym at noon. Sign up table for service projects is in the Worship Center Lobby or you can register online. Just leave your name, e mail address, and what project you are siging up for. Questions, please call Pastor Jeff @ 201-519-2856.
Time: 11:00AM-Room # 118
Leader: Pastor Jeff Savage
Teacher: Pastor Jeff Savage- Pastor of Outreach to Young Families, who is also a successful Kingdom Parent to triplet teenagers. Every Sunday at 11 a.m.
Start Date, Sunday, October 20.
This NEW class is for those interested in Parenting with a Kingdom Mindset. We will study the Bible and apply principles to Cultivate a Kingdom Atmosphere at home, Instill Kingdom Virtues in our Children and Focus on Establishing a Kingdom Mindset in our households. This class is geared to parents of children age newborn to teenagers.