We accept, love and challenge children with God's truth.
We help any willing child reach his or her fullest potential to become radically Christ-like.
Everything we do in Kid City is centered around this purpose. We provide purposeful spiritual growth opportunities, family focused events, and community building experiences for all ages. Our desire is to partner with parents to help raise up Christ followers. We invite you to stop by the Kid City welcome desk for classroom placement and opportunities to serve.
Sunday Worship Programming for Kid City
- 9:30 AM - Birth - 4th Grade, 5th and 6th Grade, Special Needs Class
- 11:00 AM - Birth - 4th Grade, 5th and 6th Grade, Special Needs Class
- 5:45 PM - AWANA (4yrs - 6th grade)
- Birth - 2 year old children will experience a warm and caring place where they are encouraged to explore. We take time to share the love of Chirst through repetition, music, and creativity.
- 3's - Kindergarden children experience small groups led by caring teachers who lead them in activities designed to help them apply the Bid God Story to their lives. They also participate in an interactive large group Bible adventure, worship time and learn bible verses.
- 1st - 4th grade children will find teachers and mentors ready to share the Big God Story with them. Small group and whole group opportunities allow all grade school children to engage in worship,Bible teachings and team competitions.
- 5th and 6th grade students are a key part of our elementary program. They have their own "Clubhouse 56", a place to hang out and build relationships while they learn how to apply the Big God Story to their lives.
The first Sunday of each month during the 11:00 service a purposeful worship service is designed to introduce our 1st through 6th graders to worshipping together with their parents in the sanctuary.
At First Baptist Church of Tempe, nothing is more important to us than the safety and security of your children. That's why we've chosen KidCheck as our children's check-in solution to bring you the best check-in experience and to allow us to partner with you to keep you children safe. Creating your account prior to Sunday services helps your first check-in go more quickly so you can get on your way. Please visit our KidCheck Check In page for more details.
For more information, please contact Sharmon Steil, Childrens Ministry Director at (480) 839-0926.